"Our greatest fear should not be of failure, but of succeeding at things in life that don't really matter." -Francis Chan
Haha so maybe countdowns weren't the best idea, because they seem to have made time go by even faster! Today is my 20th birthday which is pretty unbelievable. I don't "feel" 20 years old, or even know what that is suppose to "feel" like I guess. I remember growing up and watching other people turn 20 and think they were so old and grown up and now that I am here I don't know what to think! I have also completed my Sophomore year at Appalachian which is also hard to believe considering it feels like I just graduated High School. God has done so much this year that I never saw coming and I think He has been preparing me for what He has in store this summer!
Clearwater Beach Summer Project is quickly approaching! Only 11 more days until I leave! OK, so this is where God completely blows me away...When I decided to commit to going on Summer Project, I was so worried that I wouldn't be able to raise enough money to go. It seemed so overwhelming to raise $3700! I only sent out 70 support letters, which is under what they suggest you send out so this worried me as well. But long story short God has provided in some unbelievable ways, and when God provides, He doesn't come up short! As of today I have not only reached my goal of $3700, but have surpassed it! They recommended that I raise $3900, but in my little faith I thought that would be too much so I set my goal at $3700. God has shown me just how BIG He is and has provided over my goal and almost the goal they recommend raising! I am getting so excited to get down to Clearwater and see what God has in store for the summer! Thank you all SO much for also stepping out on faith to give of your finances and prayers, it has been SO encouraging!
Monday, May 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment