Wednesday, May 26, 2010

FINALLY HERE!

So today is our fifth day here and Clearwater and so far it has been pretty great! It has pretty much been a non-stop busy schedule since we arrived. The other people here are GREAT and I have already began getting to know so many of them! So much has happened already that I'm not really sure where to begin.

On Sunday we all went to church together at Grace and it was pretty great, solid preaching and an awesome baptism service! We also had the chance to watch our first sunset over the gulf the night before! It was absolutely beautiful and have never seen anything quite like it!

The past three days have been "job hunt" days. This has definitely been a growing and stretching time for me, and could be considered my first trial of the summer I suppose? I thought that getting a job would be a lot easier but apparently employers aren't crazy about hiring someone for only 9 weeks..go fig haha! But God has definitely used this to teach me something already. It really hit home with me today and tonight as I met with my small group. As I am sure many people have heard before of the analogy using the chair and putting your faith in it to hold you up..It was presented this morning in a way that really hit home with me and my current dilemma of finding a job. So often I have circumstances come in my life and I BELIEVE that God is going to take care of them and be in control, but so often I fail to "sit down in the chair" and actually put my FAITH in Him to be the powerful God that He truly is. So often I try to rely on my own power and works to get me through circumstances and I forget that I have such an amazing all-knowing God. This is just a brief run-down of some of the things I have already been learning since being down in Clearwater!

That being said, a lot of the jobs I was hoping to maybe get have fallen through and I have had to resort to finding more options. I am really having to put my faith in God to provide and place me where He wants me to be this summer. Thank you for all the prayers! I hope to write again soon and will make sure to update when I have a job! The King is on the move!

No comments:

Post a Comment